I believe in the power of positivity, large glasses of red wine and local IPA's, farmer's markets, being grateful, coffee, chocolate, and kindness.
Here are a few more random tidbits:
- In high school, I was an EMT-B - perhaps that's why it's so easy for me to keep my cool at weddings...? It's all about perspective, am I right?
- After college, I worked for one of VT's U.S. Senators for a few years. During that time, I got to drive him in the motorcade for Michelle Obama when she visited Vermont!
- I love Vance Joy, The Lumineers, and Ben Howard-type vibes, but I work out to 90s hip hop and love me some 80s tunes!
- We have 4 cats. More on that below.
- I'm married to the coolest dude around - also more on that below.
My life (and stuff)
Marky mark mark
This is my husband, Mark. He's a wonderfully fun-loving, hilarious, dedicated, hard-working man and I'm incredibly lucky to share my days with him. We met through mutual friends one night at a bar in downtown Burlington, went on a few dates the following few weeks, and the rest is history! We've been together for about 6 years, married for 3 and a half and going strong. He makes daily life so fun, and for that I am grateful. He also enjoys vacuuming, for which I am ALSO grateful. :)
In our free time, you can find us doing a little hiking, doing a little local beer drinking, or spending time separately on each of our hobbies. I spend LOADS of time learning more about photography, and on my daily photo project on Instagram. Mark has spent most of this year diving into the art of woodworking, and more recently, wood turning to make wooden bowls. For some of his work, see his instagram @wannabe_homesteader.
Let me be honest with you - we have 4 cats. FOUR. I know, it might be weird, that's fine - we embrace it. When I first met Mark, I had only two and planned to keep it that way until one day last summer, my coworker sent an email around the office with a photo of a tiny little orange tabby kitten. He and his fiance were about to get married and didn't have the time to care for him - so who was I to say no?! Now that tiny kitten is a crazy 1 year old named Finn (see above), who frequents my Instagram feed with his wild personality. THEN, this past fall a stray wandered onto our porch. Naturally, I fed her, posted ALL over the forums and no dice - no one claimed her. So, now we call her "PK" for porch kitty. And she now lives with us, too. Needless to say I'm an animal lover and a huge sucker. You love your pets too? Cool, we'll totally get along.